Sunday, December 28, 2008

My First Christmas

Welcome to my first Christmas! We've had many celebrations and a few more to go...my Hey You is coming next week, so stay tuned for pics from his visit! Our family started several fun Christmas traditions, including kissing their favorite baby under the mistletoe! I've been learning about another really special baby; Mom & Dad say that's the reason we have Christmas. I think it's really cool that God shared his Son with us...and used a baby to do it!

On Christmas Eve, we went over to Grammy's house for Christmas dinner. Aunt Denielle and Uncle Derek came, too. Of course, all the dogs had fun together...and I had fun watching all of them!!

My Great-Nana & Great-Grandad sent me a present!

I also got a savings bond from Uncle Derek & Aunt Denielle. They wisely enclosed it in plastic (I tried to eat it shortly after this picture was taken!)

Here I am panting in excitement over wrappings..."hehh..hehh..."

Grammy got me a bulldozer riding toy!

Daddy helps in the kitchen...

After dinner, we went to a Christmas candlelight service at Grammy's church. There were many things to look at...lights...people...fire. I was really good and only distracted a few nearby people with my adorable smile! Mommy and Aunt Denielle said it really didn't seem like a candlelight service without my Hey You there to light something on fire. Maybe someday he can teach ME...don't tell Mom!

On Christmas morning, Daddy read the Christmas story from the Bible while I ate baby Jesus. Then, would you believe it...there were MORE presents! Daddy gave me TWO special ornaments for Christmas. And I only broke ONE of them!

Daddy also found creative ways to wrap Mommy's presents...so of course, she took pictures!
Mommy helped me open my stocking. I don't understand why I got candy in my stocking if I can't eat it. Mom & Dad seem to be enjoying it, though.

Daddy helps me ride my Christmas present...a TONKA truck!

Grammy came over in the morning after we'd opened presents. She played with me while Mommy & Daddy packed. It was really fun.

Mom even let me play with ornaments from the tree!!

Later that morning, we headed down the road to Nana & Papa's house for more Christmas celebrating! Here I am with Papa. I love my Papa!

Bryler let me borrow his hat...I look like such a big boy!

Maddy helped me open presents

Ha ha...funny, Dad!

I really liked the driving toy that Nana & Papa got me. It also gives driving safety warnings, which Mom is greatly appreciative of.

Nana loves to play with me!

The day after Christmas...proof that Daddy makes dinner sometimes, too! (Grammy's right, he's SUCH a good man!)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: