Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mr. Caleb Goes to Washington

I took my first airplane ride last week! We went to Washington DC to visit my Grandpa (otherwise known as "Hey You"!) I liked riding on the plane. I slept through most of it and spent the rest of the time playing or spilling Mommy's drink all over her. On the way back, I even made my mom change my diaper in midair! I think those kinds of experiences are good for her...it's good to be stretched every once in a while! :)

Here we are in what all the cool babies refer to as "the District." We are posing in front of the American Bar Association as a shout-out to Aunt Denielle!

Wow, the buildings are so tall here!!!

My future home.

One night we went to the Marine Barracks in DC. This is where my H.Y. used to hang out every friday night when he was a marine. It was really fun. We saw the "President's Own" - the Marine band...we also got to watch the silent drill where the marines spin their rifles with bayonettes around. That was really cool. Maybe someday I will learn to do that, too.

I even got to see our nation's capitol!

Here I am with H.Y. - he was kind enough to stop in the shade. He kept running away with me to make Mommy & Daddy nervous. He likes to do that!
One night, my H.Y. scored tickets to a Redskins preseason game. We were in a luxury suite, which was really cool!!! I like watching the game in the air-conditioned suite, and Mom, Dad & H.Y. really enjoyed the food!!!
Here I am after a bath in the hotel room. Dad also took an embarrassing picture of my bum, but I am not posting it here!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: