Today, he woke up mid-nap, and I had to rock him back to sleep (I think his stopped-up nose woke him!). So, I'm rocking my 5 month-old, looking at his precious face, thinking how truly blessed I am! What an amazing, loving God, to share this beautiful gift with Todd & I. And we, so undeserving! As we were rocking, I was listening to the music I have playing in his nursery while he sleeps...(it is from the "Praise Baby" collection - highly recommended!) The words of one song stuck out to me..."I was born to worship You alone, I will make my very heart your home..." and oh how I pray that would be true for Caleb. Being a mom gives me a renewed sense of helplessness at times! I want so many things for him, good things, wonderful things. And I know that in my own power I will never be able to raise him to be the man I wish for him to be. So thankful that the Lord will teach me, give me wisdom, and help me be the best I can be for that precious little man. I could never do this alone. I think of all the things I want for him, the most important is that he know the Lord...that his heart would be for God above all. I am eager to see what the Lord will do with his life...but also content to wait and enjoy him as a baby!! :)
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Mommy Thoughts
Caleb has graciously allowed me to share some thoughts on his blog...especially when I told him that I would be talking about how great he is!!! Seriously, he is a pretty great baby! His smiles never cease to draw one out of me...I think Caleb's smile is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!

Today, he woke up mid-nap, and I had to rock him back to sleep (I think his stopped-up nose woke him!). So, I'm rocking my 5 month-old, looking at his precious face, thinking how truly blessed I am! What an amazing, loving God, to share this beautiful gift with Todd & I. And we, so undeserving! As we were rocking, I was listening to the music I have playing in his nursery while he sleeps...(it is from the "Praise Baby" collection - highly recommended!) The words of one song stuck out to me..."I was born to worship You alone, I will make my very heart your home..." and oh how I pray that would be true for Caleb. Being a mom gives me a renewed sense of helplessness at times! I want so many things for him, good things, wonderful things. And I know that in my own power I will never be able to raise him to be the man I wish for him to be. So thankful that the Lord will teach me, give me wisdom, and help me be the best I can be for that precious little man. I could never do this alone. I think of all the things I want for him, the most important is that he know the Lord...that his heart would be for God above all. I am eager to see what the Lord will do with his life...but also content to wait and enjoy him as a baby!! :)
Today, he woke up mid-nap, and I had to rock him back to sleep (I think his stopped-up nose woke him!). So, I'm rocking my 5 month-old, looking at his precious face, thinking how truly blessed I am! What an amazing, loving God, to share this beautiful gift with Todd & I. And we, so undeserving! As we were rocking, I was listening to the music I have playing in his nursery while he sleeps...(it is from the "Praise Baby" collection - highly recommended!) The words of one song stuck out to me..."I was born to worship You alone, I will make my very heart your home..." and oh how I pray that would be true for Caleb. Being a mom gives me a renewed sense of helplessness at times! I want so many things for him, good things, wonderful things. And I know that in my own power I will never be able to raise him to be the man I wish for him to be. So thankful that the Lord will teach me, give me wisdom, and help me be the best I can be for that precious little man. I could never do this alone. I think of all the things I want for him, the most important is that he know the Lord...that his heart would be for God above all. I am eager to see what the Lord will do with his life...but also content to wait and enjoy him as a baby!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
So glad I found your blog! Caleb you are too cute. I totally agree with your mommy thoughts Emily.
I'm so glad I found your blog. Caleb you are too cute! Emily I totally agree with your mommy thoughts.
Post a Comment