So today was just such a wonderful day...nothing super out of the ordinary, just one of those days where (almost) everthing just falls into place and it equals perfect!









The morning started out with Caleb getting up a little earlier than usual, and a little bit of whining off and on. After some good "clean" play-doh fun (making purple and blue hot dogs, pizza, meatballs and cheddar bites!) I finally convinced Caleb that he would rather go on a walk to our neighborhood park than watch Shrek, Mickey Mouse, or take a trip to Grammy's to re-obtain Duke the train engine. We ventured out into the beautiful cool fall morning, and almost immediately, we encountered wonder-upon-wonders - the garbage truck! Well, Caleb was super excited about this, and Joshua was very obliging to fall asleep in the stroller as we "chased" the garbage truck around the neighborhood for, seriously, 45 minutes. I think the garbage man must think we're crazy, but it was all in the name of love! Who can say no to those gorgeous dancing eyes and beautiful smile? He is just so thrilled about the garbage truck!
After finally watching our garbage get collected, we decided he was done, and that we really did actually want to go to the park (although we'd already walked enough to go there and back a few times!) So, walking a different way to avoid the neighbors realizing how nuts we are...we soon found ourselves playing in the sand of the shady playground while Joshua looked on (he had woken up during the jostling that came when we had to run to keep up with the garbage truck). As we played in the sand, Caleb was also delighted to see several backhoes and a forklift working across the way. Per Caleb's request, we played on the playground equipment as well, Caleb stopping to yell "hi backhoes! Hi Joshua!" every now and then...each trip ending with chasing Mommy down the spiral slide, and Mommy sneaking snuggles in the name of "getting Caleb!"
With Joshua transferred to the baby bjorn, we also explored the drainage ducts and even found some small fishies and tadpoles. Although there was a bit of a fit thrown when it was time to leave the park, we did make it back to the house, eventually. After lunch, it was time to read books and settle down for naptime. Joshua, initially a little fussy, settled down easily and fell asleep on Caleb's bed as we read books. Caleb, remarkably, did not try to get out of bed at all, and instead fell asleep easily as I patted him! And I, of course, had to document my precious, sweet sleeping boys with a photo...it will be handy to look at on the days when they are both testing my patience a little more!
Oh dear! As I type, Caleb just fell out of his bed...the first time since we moved him to his new bed in June! Good thing we've put pillows against the hard window-sill! Sweet thing, just barely cried and went right back to sleep when I put him back in bed! I really think he may have just fallen asleep wedged between the bed and the window if I'd left him there!
Thank you, Lord, for beautiful days like these where I get to enjoy Your precious gifts! I am so undeserving, but so delighted to accept them from Your hand!






No comments:
Post a Comment