well here's the story. Many moons ago, when I was still floating around inside my Mommy, she was sending ultrasound pictures of me to the family (yes, even then she was crazy about pictures!) She asked her Dad what he wanted his name to be, since I was his first grandchild. Well, he certainly didn't want to be called "Grand-"anything (he thought it sounded too old). Always the funny one, he replied, "oh, I don't know, just tell him/her (I was a surprise, you know) to call me Hey You." I'm not sure that he was serious, but he never provided an alternative name, so ever since I was born, he's been my Hey You! Or H.Y., for short. I think he actually likes it, though, and I have a feeling it will stick. I think it's pretty cool; how many kids have a Hey You?!?! :)
Saturday, November 1, 2008
You asked, we deliver...
well here's the story. Many moons ago, when I was still floating around inside my Mommy, she was sending ultrasound pictures of me to the family (yes, even then she was crazy about pictures!) She asked her Dad what he wanted his name to be, since I was his first grandchild. Well, he certainly didn't want to be called "Grand-"anything (he thought it sounded too old). Always the funny one, he replied, "oh, I don't know, just tell him/her (I was a surprise, you know) to call me Hey You." I'm not sure that he was serious, but he never provided an alternative name, so ever since I was born, he's been my Hey You! Or H.Y., for short. I think he actually likes it, though, and I have a feeling it will stick. I think it's pretty cool; how many kids have a Hey You?!?! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I think it completely fits your dad! Perfectly! And how hilarious it is to have a Hey You!
It will be so funny when Caleb calls' out "Hey You" and other people around look at him like "is he talking to me?"
Post a Comment