Thursday, November 25, 2010

2 1/2 years old!

Yes, I am officially 2 1/2 years old! Here are some times and conversations that Mommy wants to remember:
--A month or two ago, Mommy was telling me that we were going to go to Target (her favorite store!) I had recently had a visit from H.Y., who bought me toys everywhere we went, and so I said "I get toy at Target?" Mommy, who was in a rush, and a little frustrated, said "No Caleb, we are not getting a bunch of toys at Target!" To which I replied matter-of-factly, "No Mommy, not a bunch, just ONE!" Yeah, we left Target with a toy that day. I am good.
--Mommy and Daddy are trying to get me to use my big boy potty...not sure why, diapers work just fine for me! The day we first got my potty (I got to pick it out myself - it's RED!), Mommy put on my big boy underwear and we sat on the potty for FOREVER waiting for things to happen...we tried everything! After a while, we heard the garbage truck outside, so we ran out the front door to see him. As he went on down the street, I said to Mommy in amazement"I pee pee on mine leg!!" I was so excited, because here I had finally gone to the bathroom (on the neighbor's sidewalk)!! We rushed inside, and Mommy was laughing so hard!
--I have been learning how to pray. My favorite prayer is "Thank You, God, for healthy food!" Mommy thinks Grammy must have helped me with the phrasing. Recently, Mommy had a cold, and she asked me to pray for her, so I did. Then, on the way to church she was coughing, and so I immediately responded with "Thank You, God, for healthy Mommy! You all better now, Mommy?!"
--Funny vocabulary: I learned how to take my socks off by sliding the back over my "heel." Now, when I am taking my pants off, I refer to my bum as my "heel!"
--I am also still talking about skydiving and flying planes...a month or two ago, Mom and I had a conversation -
C: "Caleb fly airplane! People jump out airplanes! Caleb jump out airplanes!"
M: "What color is your airplane?"
C: "BLACK! Caleb fly black airplane!"
--Things I just LOVE lately: garbage trucks (especially the recycling garbage truck), firetrucks, ambulances, baby JaJa, Miss Heather and Miss Lea (they are always letting me "borrow" toys from school, it's like an exchange program!), looking at the stars and most of all the "yellow moon" and the "white moon."

I am getting harder and harder to photograph! I guess I've become adept at avoiding my paparazzi! This month, Mom wanted to snag a picture of me with Horton. I insisted that Puppy also be part of the fun...then I ran!

Can't catch me!

BIG hug for Horton!

FINALLY...2 1/2 years old with Horton!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: