Monday, November 1, 2010

Lifestyles of the (Exceptionally Cute &) Famous by Caleb

A few weeks ago, Aunt Denielle invited us to come with her to a Thunder rally. It was a blast!! Mommy told me beforehand that we would get to meet some basketball players, but that we probably wouldn't be able to see them play. Boy was she wrong! As soon as we got there, I pointed out "see, there IS a hoop, Mommy!" I got to meet the mascot, Rumble. At first I was scared of him (I thought he was a monster!) but then I couldn't get enough of him and followed him everywhere. I even got his autograph on my basketball!

The thunder drum team let me try out their sticks! AWESOME!!


Joshua was pretty wide-eyed during the rally...let's just say it was a little loud. He amused himself by eating his blanket a good part of the time!

So, I actually am famous now. A photographer from the newspaper took my picture and I was in the Sunday paper! This is almost the exact pose they showed. Maybe it was my fo-hawk, or maybe just my brilliant personality shining through. I'm surprised it took this long for me to be discovered.

Watching kids practice shooting...where are the real players anyway?!?

There was really rockin' music...so of course I felt the need to dance. I must have danced for at least 20 minutes for the crowd gathered around the court. People were watching and cheering...one little boy even videoed me with his cell phone! I was really shy and embarrassed by all the attention...can you tell?!

"duh-duh, duh-duhh, duh, HEY!"

Other than my dancing entertainment extravaganza, the highlight of the day for Aunt Denielle and Mommy was getting to meet some famous players! I'm sure someday I will care a little more, but for now I just thought they were nice guys who helped me shoot baskets. (Thanks, Russell Westbrook!)

Not many kids (or people for that matter) get to say they've scored on Kevin Durant!

One of MY favorite things at the rally...the Thunder Reading Bus!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: