Sunday, April 8, 2012

Caleb's Birthday Fun Part 1! by Joshua


Caleb's birthday celebration started off with his "Birthday Blessing" at school. We got to design a birthday board with pictures of people who love Caleb. The top left is his birth announcement. Wow, he has a lot more hair, now!!!

Here is Caleb proudly carrying in his Birthday Board. Along the walk, all the teachers kept wishing him a happy birthday. (I think they could tell because he had the board, his family, and birthday treats in tow!) He felt really special and proud of his entourage!

We started off in chapel where Caleb and the other birthday kids got to wear birthday crowns. I really enjoyed dancing to the music, although later had to be bribed with the candy I discovered so I wouldn't throw a fit during the prayer!! What can I say, you gotta do what ya gotta do to get your "naah-naah!"

Singing songs and having fun! At the end of chapel all the birthday kids went up to the front and the teachers talked about how the kids were a blessing. Ms. Nancy said Caleb was a blessing because of his big smile and happy heart. She is sure right...he is always making us laugh! Daddy calls him his "happy maker!"

When we went back to Caleb's class, he picked Grammy to help explain his birthday board. Then we all went around and talked about what we like to do with Caleb. Daddy said reading books, Grammy said the Science! Denielle said Shiki and Mommy said Sonic! Ms. Nancy talked about how Mommy always writes notes on Caleb's napkin about how various family members, cartoons, etc. love Caleb. It made Mommy so happy to know that Caleb likes her notes!
Here we are eating birthday cake balls!! Thanks, Ms. Joni!!

I was glad to be able to sample them, as well!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: