Sunday, February 5, 2012

Travel is so fun with kids! by Caleb

In September, we traveled to Iowa to see H.Y. and Lamby get married. Aunt Denielle traveled with us; Mommy and Daddy were so grateful! Here we are at the airport before leaving - I was delighted to discover that I wouldn't have to be checked!

After arrival in the Minneapolis airport, before beginning the drive into Iowa, and before the infamous "carseat fiasco of 2011" (you'll have to ask Mommy about that one)!

Enjoying dinner with Hey You and Lamby.

Trying to find fun activities for two very active boys in Clear Lake, Iowa...we happened upon a maze that had a MOON BOUNCE!! We were all very excited about this, and braved it even though it was wet!!

Joshy's with the big dogs, now!

Even Daddy enjoyed it!

I have to admit, I was a pretty awesome ring bearer. No one realizes this, but I was actually a policeman under cover. (When Mommy first showed me the suit, I thought it was a police jacket...so we went with that because Mommy thought I'd be more likely to wear a suit that way...I even got to wear a badge!)



So Joshy likes to accessorize?! I've heard that a "pop of color" really makes an outfit special.

One of the coolest things about traveling with your aunt is that she lets you play with her stuff!

I think we wore her out!

Mommy and I explored the dock at the lake...always in my life jacket!





I really liked the boat ride! Unfortunately, it was a little too cold for swimming. I did wade in the water, though.







H.Y. and me after the boat ride.

Joshy had fun on the plane going home! One of our family's favorite trip quotes? A few minutes after the seatbelt sign came on, and a good 30 minutes before landing, loudly to a quiet plane full of passengers...Caleb: "I have to go potty!!!"

Posted by Picasa

No comments: